The Bible in recent news from around the web and the world:
- The use of the Bible in the inauguration of Philippine presidents.
- Was Noah’s Ark Shaped Like a Pyramid? Digitized Dead Sea Scrolls Reveal New Secrets.
- A rare 1701 Bible (Goral HaGra Edition) is going to auction in Amsterdam.
- The US state of Iowa’s governor called for a Bible-reading marathon across the state’s 99 counties. Some counties will feature uninterrupted readings of the entire Bible. Is it just me, or does this feel like a peculiarly American scenario?
- In Zimbabwe, a security guard has been fined for a stealing a Bible from a classroom.
- Bible-VR announces the launch of an all-new smartphone application that brings the stories of the Bible in 3D virtual reality. Contrary to the headline, it is not the first of its kind.
- Jesus-Centered Bible Receives Christian Retailing Best Award. Lest we forget that Bibles are designed and published with markets in mind, for better or worse (I think the latter).
- Battle of the Somme: Soldier’s life saved by spoon and Bible kept in his jacket pocket.